Monday, November 19, 2012

Ricky's Mama's Sweet and Sour Snapper


I just cut and pasted this from the recipe that Ricky emailed me.  Notes from me are in [...]  And, I used talapia filets, because that's what I had.  I drained the canned, cubed pineapple, reserving the juice and used that in the sauce also.   The picture is just the sauce, as I was cooking it in my wok.

Sweet and Sour Snapper
She coats the snapper with some corn flour [I assumed corn starch] and some salt. And she cuts vegetables like cucumber, carrots, green bell peppers, tomatoes and pineapples (if we have any pineapples) into cubes and incorporates them into the dish.  [I used carrots, onions, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, canned pineapples, zucchini....tomatoes would've been good, but I have a tomato hater] 
 
Fry the fish until golden (don't overcooked them!)
Drain the oil, leave some to cook the sauce.
Fry some onions (We use a lot of onions) and garlic.
Then the diced veggies go in.
Tomate sauce or ketchup [I used tomato sauce] , some chilli sauce[sambal oolek] to balance out the sourness, some water to make it dilute.
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste.
You can also add some corn flour [starch] to thicken the sauce a bit.
You can reheat the fish by putting it in the pot again with the sauce and veggie.
Serve while hot! 
TA-DA!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment