Thursday, April 17, 2014

Wine Biscuits / Chianti Cookies

Hello everyone!  It's been a while since we've exchanged recipes, so I wanted to add one of my family favorites.
Biscotti de Vino is the snooty name, but basically it's a hard biscuit type baked good, made using a sweet red wine. It's one of my father's favorites, and they're tinted purple so I like them too!



First the ingredients:

4 cups flour
1 TBLS baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup oil
1 cup red wine (Chianti or other sweet red)

Mix together until a dough forms. I use an old two-tine steak fork at first, and once the ingredients are mixed, I start using my hand. The dough should come clean from the sides of the bowl, and retain its shape.


Using a teaspoon-size amount of dough on a floured or nonstick surface. Roll into a rope, form a circle and twist it once to give it a “figure-eight” shape. You can brush them with egg yolk as a option.

Bake 400 for 13 to 25 minutes until brown, depending on your oven. The cookies should be mostly purple with a hint of brown.


Other people make different shapes, but for me personally, I like the "S"!  lol

  

No comments:

Post a Comment